Saturday, August 18, 2018

TRANSITIVE



For PB Shelley and W Styron.
“… pierced by the shaft which flies in darkness …” Adonais

1.
The taking and things take other things.
I am softening here in the sun. I am softer.
I am soft. Soft.

Let me tell you the story of Bill.

The gooseflesh ornaments my open soul.
ornament and open. Open soul.
Soul.

Let me tell you the story of Bill.

I left my children without sufficient
food. They feed. They are not sufficiently
feeding.  Lamps.

Let me tell you the story of Bill.

The seduction of property, having and having.
Can this be enough for any given moment?
Any given. Given. Enough?

Let me tell you the story

What hangs like a 40-watt bulb and swings
on a wire that lights it and hurts
hurts like hearts?    Hurt.

Let me tell … Let me … Bill

Someone somewhere is falling somewhere. Someone
somewhere, not here, not me, not me. The thin
thin thin thin.

Let me tell you the story of Bill.

The occasional music of hand and hand. And
hand and hand and hand and hand. The occasional
music of.

Let me tell you … Let me tell.

The sealed envelope of her lips, the letter of her
tongue, the postage eye, the gum of even her least
look: My finger is a knife in that crease.

Let me tell you the story of Bill.

I’ve seen enough of the Ace of Diamonds. I have seen
it enough, enough and enough of the Ace of
Diamonds.

Let me tell you the story of Bill.

The cranzle the slottle the sizeable orf, the tuning
of sissel and shrieking of    of    Why does the
phone ring just when I’ve started?

Let me tell you the story of Bill.

That’s hero falling into my sleep. hero falling
I thought to have avoided this … He  ro    fa   ll   ing
hero into my sleep.

Let me tell you the story of Bill.

The catastrophe which seems to be love. When    and
when again they are always touching me.  Noli
Me tangere … Catastrophe.

Let me tell you the story story.

How often have I been just almost been? Let me
Let me thingg … I have just almost been … the
most recent time was.

Let me    Bill     Let me tell you the story.

But not necessarily in that order, not necessarily,
not when the hand reaches to move me just one
square to the right and two forward.

Let me tell you the story of Bill.

Bill

2.
I am not even alone when I dream.
Who is that who looks into it?
Who is looking into it?

I have moved far from my self and from water.

I thought that when I walked down the street,
I was close to the air, but no.

I am in this chamber. It seems to be
windowed on one side. Everything in the world
has to be in front of me to be in the world.

The blurring of the edges of the sketches of myself.

I cannot keep from originating this gesture I make with
my hand. This one. And there it is again.

And so I see why I am often caught
in a funnel of birds
because those birds are my very own hands.

I have been feeding them and I have been
the woman I see who strolls through
the afternoon park and feeds my hands, which
are her birds.

I cannot think that it means much to her.
Only something to spend a time. But in spite of
the time, they are my hands.

Can the world get darker? It can get darker. When I
close my eyes the world gets darker. I have decided
to close my eyes. World get darker.

Does anyone care that I am only human that I feel
the pressure of the dimmest light? Does anyone care?
Does anyone care, my hands are birds?

When I fly up in the highest sky, when I fly up …
but not today. Not today. I am falling    falling.
I have fallen into my very own pockets.

But this is the slaying and it is the slaying time
and I can see that it is the slaying time and …
where has the time gone?



No comments: